Sussex Motorcycles Useful Website Links
Postal Address for Sussex Motorcycles:
Blacklands Farm, Wheatsheaf Road, Henfield, Sussex, BN5 9AT.
There are no motorcycles or equipment kept at this address, so please phone first if you would like to visit
Links to some useful websites
- 1. Kent Bike Breakers
Motorcycle breakers based in kent, good for classic and modern Japanese spares
- 2. Biker Buys
New motorcycle parts off the shelf
- 3. Guide to Polarising ("Flashing") a Lucas Dynamo
Useful guide to re-polarising a Lucas E3L or E3NL dynamo, and/or how to change the polarity
- 4. Useful guide how to test a Lucas motorbike dynamo
Useful guide how to test a Lucas motorcycle dynamo and see if it is working
- 5. Another article on testing the Lucas dynamos
Second article on how to test a Lucas dynamo, including the "motor" test
- 6. Simple way to test a Lucas motorcycle voltage regulator
Youtube video of a simple test to tell if a Lucas motorcycle voltage regulator is working. The one in the video is a car regulator, but the test is the same for motorcycles.
- 7. Gordon May's interesting journey from UK to Vietnam, on a Matchless G3
Gordon May's trip to Viet Nam on a War Department vintage Matchless G3. Hopefully Gordon will be carrying a Thorspark 6v ignition kit as a back-up to his magneto, and hopefully it won't get used!!
- 8. The Grom Motorcycle Museum, Vransko, Slovenia
One of the world's largest and most diverse collections of motorcycles.
- 9. Extraction of 12 volts from a '6 volt' dynamo.
A short and informative guide from the AJS and Matchless owners club Jampot magazine by Alan Osbourne
- 91. Elk Classic Motorcycle Jumbles and shows in the South East of England
Dates and venues of the classic bike jumbles and shows organised by Elk Engineering. Ardingly, Ashford, and Hamstreet